Thursday, June 11, 2009

{HOA eLecTioNs & rAinBowS}

We have just completed our first year of having an HOA (home owners association). We had the worst builder ever, Brad Burnside. He set up the whole development as an HOA, but never did anything about it and then just dumped it on us. There were no dues being collected, therefore there was no money to pay to take care of the green space that Provo city required us to have. It was a mess at first, but I think it worked out ok considering what we were handed.

It was hard for some people because they had lived here for years and never had to pay. They had forgotten that they signed a paper at closing stating they would be required to pay HOA fees, or they were not the original owners and never signed a paper. Unfortunately for them it doesn't really matter if they signed a paper or not, it's documented with the city therefore they have to do it. That is my way of explaining it simply!
So last year I was elected as my streets rep. We had a president, secretary and 4 street reps. So we finally had our election to vote in new officiers. I'm glad I had the opportunity to serve, but I'm even more happy to pass it on to someone else!The night of our elections it started to down pour. We have had so much rain lately you would think that we lived in Washington state. However, this evening it produced the most brilliant rainbow I have seen in years. It was a full double rainbow. The main one was so vibrant. Pictures do not do it justice!

No comments:

Glimpses of Us!