Tuesday, February 5, 2008

{New General Presidency}


4 February 2008

Our church leaders yesterday sustained and set apart President Thomas S. Monson as the 16th Prophet. His counselors are - Pres. Henry B. Eyring & Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

I had pulled out my latest conference Ensign prior to the press conference. I looked over all the men in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (which was actually 14 at the time). I thought anyone of these men would be great as general presidency members.

Since Elder Packer said at President Hinckley's funeral that the next senior apostle has always been the new prophet, we knew for sure it would be Pres. Monson. Then at the press conference, before it started a reporter remarked that Sis. Eyring and Sis. Uchtdorf were both seated in the audience. When they finally stated who was in the new General Presidency I just knew it was as it should be!


No comments:

Glimpses of Us!