Wednesday, February 18, 2009

{vaLeNtinE's in vEgAs!}

We spent the weekend in Las Vegas. My sister, Annie got married. It turned out so great! The wedding was on Valentine's Day. The wedding was outside in the morning. It was on the cool side for Vegas, but it was still pleasant.2 of the bridesmaids didn't make it. They had car trouble , it broke down on the way. Gina had an extra black dress just in case. Sammy quickly changed and filled in as one of the bridesmaids. The dress was super short and sleeveless. I felt bad, but she was a good sport about it. I even gave her the shirt I was wearing so that she wasn't so stressed about it. I think she was just happy to take part.The ceremony was great. I have to admit I was a bit worried about what a preacher in Vegas would say, but he did a wonderful job. Nothing to cringe at! :)We got to hang out while Annie & Sergio took a bunch of pics. Then we went to the JW Marriott for a buffet lunch. This was the best idea ever! Everyone could hang out and eat whatever they wanted. We had a whole section to ourselves. Annie & Sergio opened presents, cut the cake and got to miggle with everyone.After this, we went to Ceasars Palace to the Forum Shops. Of course, the kids love FAO Schwarz. They especially love the giant piano keys. It was lots of fun to watch Ally & Keyan play Fur Elise.
While there we got to meet and shake hands with Pres. Uchtdorf. He declined taking a picture. Oh well! It was fun to met him.

We caught up with my cousin, Matt and his girlfiiend, Tiandra. We went to eat ... at In-n-Out Burger. It's a must with my siblings to go there as often as they can. I think they went the night before, when we got there.

The next morning we all met up at my grandma's grave. It's the first time I've been back since the funeral, nearly 2 years ago. My grandma was a spunky lady, with a spirit that was larger than her 4.5 ft. frame!
My grandma was so smart. She picked out her plot back in the 80's and had it paid for. She picked a spot right under a tree. It's just perfect. Not to mention, the added bonus of the airport runway across the street. We had a blast watching the planes fly right over us and getting whipped by the wind that follows. Thanks grandma ... we love you and miss you.

(this picture is a better one to see how low the planes were. You can see the bottom of the plane at the top of the picture.)

We had lunch with Taylor and then headed out of town.

It was a wonderful trip. I'm so glad we were able to go.

No comments:

Glimpses of Us!