Friday, February 20, 2009

{thE drApEr temPLe}

(all images in this post are property of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)

I loved the Draper Temple. It was simple and classic, yet had a earthy vibe (meaning the decor). I loved that the base boards were stone (or at least looked like it) throughout the whole temple, even on the pews in the chapels. The kids thought it was cool that all the wood came from Africa. There are sego lilies in just about every room - carved into the carpets, etched in the glass, motifs on the ceilings, etc. The 2 telestial rooms were painted differently. Some asked if they would get to choose what room they went to, because some like one better than another. I was really surprised at how much the kids, especially the boys, loved the temple. They oohed and awed over most of it. Of course, everyone loved the incredible chandeliers. You can't help but to love those.

I have to say that my favorite room was the bride's room. I absolutely loved it. The leaf wall covering, the flower carpet, etc. I think I just loved that it was a bit more colorful, not all white.

I would highly recommend anyone, of any faith, to visit this amazing place, it will be well worth your trip. The open house is going on until March 14th.

Draper Temple Dates:
October 2, 2004 - temple construction was announced
August 5, 2006 - Pres. Hinckley performed the ground breaking ceremony
January 15 - March 14, 2009 - Public Open House.
March 20 - 22, 2009 - 12 Dedication Services will be performed.





No comments:

Glimpses of Us!