Monday, April 13, 2009

{eAsTeR weEkeNd}

I love Easter! I love that even though the world has turned it into Easter bunnies and chocolate, we can still find and teach the peace, joy and happiness that comes from what our Savior, Jesus Christ, did about 2000 years ago. The pain that he suffered, his life that he freely gave up, and the miracle that happened 2 days later would be our ultimate gift. It's strange to think that my ultimate happiness was brought about by so much pain and agony. It really doesn't seem fair, now does it? I love my Savior and am so thankful for his sacrifice and I am so thankful that we have a day dedicated to those events of long ago.

So here's my weekend:
Friday, Keyan had a soccer game against Mountain View. It was cold and wet and windy (look at Landon's hair in the pic below)!
Saturday, Landon and Ally both had soccer games. It was cold and wet!After games, I took Landon and Ally to Macey's and Downtown Provo for some candy hunts (can't call it Easter egg hunt, since they weren't really looking for eggs). They played games, got a ton of candy and had a great time!
I took Sam to her dance pictures. I'm sure they will be darling! I just wished that they would not do it on holidays or holiday weekends (they did it on Memorial Day one year).
I still hadn't gotten Ally an Easter Dress and she really wanted one. Off we went! Wouldn't you know? She picked the most non-Easter dress (it's black) she could find. It fits her personality quite well!!!
I did go to one political meeting Saturday night. It was really entertaining! I don't think anyone could ever say politics are boring!!!
Sunday, hooray for Easter Sunday! Church was fantastic - Choir Cantata, new Preach My Gospel Class and a wonderful new Laurel's adviser that gave an amazing lesson on Christ.
Coloring Easter Eggs, making a Bunny Cake and eating ham and potatoes rounded out our day. It was a great Sabbath Day!

No comments:

Glimpses of Us!