Wednesday, April 8, 2009

{it'S aLreAdy aPriL}

Yikes it's almost Easter! I feel out of sorts for some reason. I think I can attribute it to being out of town 2 weekends ago and having this weekend be General Conference. I haven't had my weekly time at church to center my week, to get a new start.

I have been busy though. We are gearing up for our Republican County Convention. It's an organizing convention so we are just electing new Party Leadership, but that still requires some effort and time to get to know them to see if they are someone I want there.

Young Women's is always crazy busy. There are so many meetings!!! I sure love the girls though. I remember the first Sunday I was called and the old presidency and new presidency all bore their testimonies. I knew then that I loved the girls and it's only gotten better. They are all so amazing. It's forced me to be a little more outgoing which is always a good thing.

I'm also working on the Lakeview Elementary Yearbook. I think originally they weren't going to have one, but I think enough people voiced an interest in it. The principle found a printer who will do it on such late notice. We have to have it done just after Spring Break (2 weeks exactly). I'm not an expert at these sort of things, but I can be of some service! Using those 9th grade yearbook staff skills!!! :)

General Conference was great! We got a new apostle, Elder Anderson. I like him a lot. As always there were a lot of great talks. The last session had a huge focus of getting to the temple. I'm thankful for our bishop's challenge to get the youth to the temple monthly. It helps me to get there also. It's nice to have Chris off on Wednesdays so that we can go in the morning/early afternoon. It's never very busy then. My siblings all came over for the last session. I almost never have extended family over for conference. I liked it a lot. It's fun to see everyone progressing in the gospel. There was one talk during this session that was about members responsibilities to find people for the missionaries to teach. I couldn't help but think of Bryan and mentioned how he must be smiling from ear to ear to hear that!!! Love you, BRYAN.

No comments:

Glimpses of Us!