Sunday, April 6, 2008

{cOnfereNce}

I love conference weekend. I love that I can go to church in my pjs, if I choose! This was the first conference we've had with our new prophet, President Monson. It was neat to be part of a solemn assembly Saturday morning (even if I made my kids stand up at the wrong part, at first). It was neat to hear everyone bear testimony of President Monson. It still doesn't roll off my tongue quite right, but I'm sure it will over time!

I thought it was really cute when L. Tom Perry spoke. Ally got up close to the TV, then she looks at me and says, "He looks like President Hinckley." Then she declares, "He sounds like President Hinckley. He looks and sounds like President Hinckley!" With that in mind I had to agree with her.

So here is my quick run down: salvation is an individual matter, exhaltation is a family matter, spiritual experiences are building blocks of faith, strive to make each day better than the last, tradition should be based on righteousness and faith, never satisfied with anything less than your best, go forward - find the one, be a witness of gospel truth, there are 13,193,999 members, steps of gaining a testimony (1 - desire to have, 2- ask God, 3 - seek, 4 - share it), obedience enhances knowledge, Jesus is our mediator with the father, we need the help of the holy ghost to get through perilous times, Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, through faith and obedience the lord will help us, 5 ingredients for eternal life (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of holy ghost, and endure), must honor and respect all souls of all religions, spiritual rebirth comes through Jesus Christ, we will be blessed temporarily and spiritually when we pay our tithing, we will be blessed with miracles, All the apostles hold the keys of the gospel - President Monson is the only one with the authority to use all of them, all members can receive personal revelation, Satan is waging a war on us - we have the tools to win, the Lord continues to speak to us today, engage in meaningful prayer, do not lower our standards for any reason, live gospel courageously, press forward having faith, Christ's atonement conquers death, like the bible the book of mormon is additional evidence that the lord loves all his children, women are beloved of God, and go to the temple often.

3 comments:

Sam said...

i stayed in my pjs the WHOLE day

Mel said...

Cooper did too. He finally got that Pres. Monson is the new prophet. It was great to be able to watch conference as a family!

david@gommstudios.com said...

Marrisa Riddoch and I e-mailed back and forth about conference. We both decided that we loved President Hickley so much that we'll need time to learn to love President Monson that much.

Glimpses of Us!