Monday, August 11, 2008

{buLLseYe}


OK. So I can't shoot that well. Besides shooting a BB gun at Cub Scout Day camp, I don't think I've ever shot a gun. For a Stake Laurel's activity they took the young women to the Orem Police Shooting Range. Out of all the girls I believe only 1, maybe 2 of them had ever shot a gun before. You would not believe how much they loved this activity. I think it empowered them in a way that they weren't expecting. It was funny to listen to them giggle after they would shoot. I'm not a gun fan, but I think it was a good opportunity for the girls to understand how to use them, how to handle them, etc. It was interesting to know that many of the girl's boyfriends owned guns and this gave them a better understanding of them. They got to shoot a .22 rifle and pistol, a .40 magnum revolver, and a .44 pistol. What a great activity!!!

2 comments:

Lynette in Delaware said...

I was so fun to read your post. I used to be really into shooting and hunting. I even brought down the record moose in Wyoming in 1990. You are a real trooper and an adventurer. Keep being fearless and powerful. You set a great example for the young wemon that look up to you.

david@gommstudios.com said...

Now, Jeanne says her Young Women want to go shooting...they are trying to find a tie in so they can make it sound spiritual, like "shooting for the stars" or "taking aim on heaven."

Glimpses of Us!