Saturday, August 9, 2008

{GaMe On}

[I love the buildings in that picture - the aquatic center and the Bird's Nest stadium]


I've waited all summer for the Olympics (bee-limb-pics as one of my kids use to say it) to start. I missed a lot of the opening ceremonies, but from what I saw China did an amazing job! I'm so excited. It looks like the USA already has several medals and Michael Phelps beat his own Olympic record in the 400 m - too bad that wasn't the finals! There is so much going on (too much to type). I'm sure I'll be glued to my TV for the next few weeks.


On a sad note, a relative of the U.S. Men's volleyball coach was killed. Some 47 year old Chinese man attacked the tour guide and 2 Americans while touring the Drum Tower. He stabbed to death one and injured the other two. Now they are deciding if the US team will need more security.

No comments:

Glimpses of Us!