Friday, August 1, 2008

{fAmiLy niGhT}

On Monday, we went to Salt Lake City. We decided to take the kids to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to watch the movie there. Afterwards we took them to the observation deck to look out on to temple square. We then went and walked around the temple.

I forgot how much I liked this movie. It is quite moving. Ally bawled all through it. I'd tell her that there is no need to cry, it's a happy part and her response was, "I don't know why with this movie I cry at all the happy parts." We also had a discussion about Satan being on earth. There is a part where before the first vision Joseph is overcome by Satan. Ally panicked and wanted to know what that was. I told her it was Satan and she argued with me saying that everyone told her that Satan was not on this earth. I finally had to say we will discuss it after the movie. It turns out that her understanding of the war in heaven is that only the people who followed Jesus came to earth and the people that followed Satan stayed where they were. She didn't understand that the spirits that followed Satan still came to earth, they just weren't blessed to have a body. Wow! Imagine how confusing this life on earth would be if you didn't believe that Satan was here tempting us and reeking havoc. If you didn't believe that there was a loving God and life after this one. So then she was getting more confused..."so people made a right choice (choosing to follow Heavenly Father and Jesus in the spirit world), and then they make a wrong one (choosing to follow Satan on earth)?" How nice though that she can comprehend it and try to figure it out!

If it's been awhile since you've gone up there I would highly suggest doing it sometime soon.

1 comment:

Lynette in Delaware said...

Whew... don't you ever slow down?
It seems like you are always on the go. So where do you get all the energy. I want to shop at the same place you buy yours :-).

Glimpses of Us!