Thursday, December 11, 2008

{tiMe iS sLippiNg By}

Life has been crazy lately.... I guess it's that way for everyone!

Since I've had my thyroid out, It seems like when I get sick, I get pretty darn sick. I wonder why that is? So I haven't been up to typing much lately. I seem to be on the mend now. It's a good thing. I asked my kids what they wanted to make sure and do this holiday season and Landon's immediate response was - "not have any surgeries". I guess having me out last Christmas was pretty traumatic!!!

So it's almost been a full year since my surgery. I think I've adjusted to my meds pretty good now. I think it was only changed 3 times to finally get it right, if it's even right. I'm not sure you know how to tell completely. My scar is never going to go away, but at least it doesn't bug me anymore. I couldn't wear shirts or necklaces that would rub against it, or even have my hair down around it. My family doesn't make as much fun of me anymore for doing strange things, so I'm guessing either they have gotten use to it or my body is really balancing out better.

All in all I think Landon will get his wish!!! No surgeries this Christmas, Please!!!

1 comment:

Sam said...

well last christmas we didnt do anything at all we had to stay inside for you while dad was at work and on christmas eve you couldnt even watch us play rockband. sad. so this year should be better.

Glimpses of Us!