Wednesday, September 10, 2008

{aLicE LaNe}

There is a brand new furniture store called Alice Lane. It's located in Orem right next to Artic Circle. It's the cutest store. Adam & Jessica Bennett took the old, pink cinderblock walled, blue carpeted building and turned into an airy, clean, and refreshing place to be. They know how to open a store right.

I say this because Chris and I spent the morning going to every furniture store that we could think of, big and small, looking for one specific item of furniture. Who knew it would be so hard? We went to the big store - where everything now looks the same, old store - where everything looks like it should be a lot cheaper, and to the second old store - where even though the nice lady was persistent and actually doing a half-way decent job, still didn't really listen to our needs.

Before we went to Alice Lane, Chris said, "I guess we'll just save up and get something."

I replied, "Save up for what? We didn't see anything we wanted or even liked."

Then we went to Alice Lane. The 3 of them, that were there, were all very friendly, not pushy, and genuinely happy to help us out. They dressed professionally (this is always something that Chris notices), their showroom was all set up (no mazes through the stacks of boxes to get to the front door), and my favorite part is that they are promoting the local artists and ones that have ties to the area (they went to BYU, etc.). I left with measurements and pictures of the piece I want.

I do not personally know Jessica or Adam. I only met them today, but I will be more than happy to stop by again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the plug! It's pay day when we get people in, like you, and like the store. We're in business for people like you. I'm glad you enjoyed your expereince. We'll look forward to seeing you again!
-Jessica Bennett
Alice Lane Home Collection

Glimpses of Us!