Thursday, October 16, 2008

{cRaZy dAys}

Life has been absolutely crazy around here. I think that today I am overly nervous for my upcoming race. I board an airplane in a few hours and set out for San Fran. I guess I think that if I blog that I'll relax, we'll see! :)


Some of the highlights from the past week:

I got to help pass out treats at lunch for Red Ribbon Week. They had to dress up for different days (red, crazy socks, hats, backwards) and if they did they got a treat. Nearly all the kids on put a "cap" on drugs day wore a hat and they loved it. Then on "turn your back on drugs" day Ally wore her shirt backwards. When she came home she looked kind of funny. Then I realized she had her jeans on backwards. Silly girl! She said that she turned them around at school.
***
The other day Landon and Rob (our neighbor) were throwing a ball at each other. When they were done Rob said, "here's your ball back". Landon says, "It's not my ball" and throws it in his yard and runs off. When Landon went to bed last night he finds the ball under his pillow. Landon groans, "He wins..." But then this morning, Landon runs the ball over to Rob's front porch. This time with a sticky note that says, "Ha Ha I win"
***
As far as Wednesday night youth activities go, I think this weeks activity has been the best so far. We went up to Timp Lodge to serve, eat & dance! We hauled wood, then had a great dinner. Of course, the dance was the best part. Josh Nichols brought up his sound equipment and was our DJ. Katie Williams came up and offered some dance instruction (Cha Cha). Some people were a little worried about having a dance with just our ward. I figured that the kids all knew exactly what we were doing and they still showed up. It was a great success and hysterical too! :)
***
Oh to be young again! Here's Ally and friends. It reminds me of when I was little and we'd all roller skate. The wheels have changed (Heelys now), but the freedom of flying down the street will never change.

No comments:

Glimpses of Us!