Friday, October 3, 2008

{hOoRaY fOr mE}

I'm so excited! Today I had my final check-in with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society over my fundraising. I official made my goal of raising $4000. Thank you so much to everyone who helped me do it. Obviously, there is no way I would of ever been able to do it without you.

My race is in a few short weeks. Last week I survived my first 20 mile run. I even have cuts and bruises to show for it. Yes, I'm a klutz and had a little tumble down a cement hill. Now we taper our runs. I think tomorrow is only 10 miles and the next Saturday is 6 miles and the week after that is race time!

Running a marathon does not sound like any fun to me! It's going to be a huge challenge. Everyone keeps telling me that the last 10k is the worst. I believe it. However, I will finish this race, even if I am crawling in on all 4's, and I will be so happy to say,
"Yes, I've run A marathon!"

3 comments:

david@gommstudios.com said...

Okay, now do we start raising money for Landon's project?

david@gommstudios.com said...

Way to go Christy, it's taken a lot of commitment on your part and you've really followed through on the workout schedule.

Heather said...

YIPPEE!! Great job! I knew you could do it.

Glimpses of Us!