Friday, October 3, 2008

{oH tHe jOyS oF a nEw sChOoL}

Last night after 9p.m., I'm driving Sam home and we pass by the school. There are several cop cars and a fire engine on the east side and the back corner. The fire engine has it's ladder stretched up to the top of the school. I'm thinking great they must of had some kids up there again and they were too scared to come down. All the neighbors around the school have been asked to call the the police if we see anyone on top of the school. They have already had problems with this.

About an hour later the school bell goes off and then we hear an announcement over the intercom, ...the building is surrounded...the police dogs will be called in...please find the nearest police officer. I look out the window and sure enough the building is surrounded by police cars. The one on our corner had his spotlight on scanning back and forth. Chris and I go out and sit on the porch and wait. I was worried that it was going to be some of the youth from my ward, and thankful to know that my kids were all home.

After about 20 minutes, I hear on his radio that they have the suspects and about 10 minutes later he drives away and officers start coming out of the school. I never did see who it was. They must of found them around back.

Moral of the story (for my kids): Stay out of anything that is not yours.

No comments:

Glimpses of Us!