Sunday, June 29, 2008

{heAtheR}

One of my roommates, from my time at King Henry, came to town. It was so fun to see her. She looks amazing and seems to be doing great. She's one of those lucky people who has Washington D.C. at her disposal.

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me (and feed me). I'm so glad to have visited with you.

It's fun to look back on times gone by ... My time at King Henry ... I was going through a messy divorce. I moved into an apartment (that was fairly new at the time) with 5 roommates. I had a room all to myself. The girl who previously lived there, died in a car accident on her way home from a concert in Las Vegas, a few weeks before. I was working at the Brick Oven about 50 hours a week. Every Wednesday night we went dancing at the ???
(name escapes me for the moment) on 9th east. One of my roommates (not Heather) was becoming bulimic. It's amazing how serious this can be. I remember us trying to talk to her after she knew we all knew about it, and she just couldn't see anything wrong with it. It completely messes you up, not to mention that people die from it. That was really hard to watch. The worst part about it was, that her mom did it and that's why she thought it was ok. All you mom's out there, please be careful of what you do, even when you think your kids aren't watching, they are. This is the first time I went to church in a classroom (on BYU campus). I never got over how strange I thought that was. I guess I could go on forever ...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Christy!

It made my whole weekend to get to see you. I had a great time! Thanks for coming on such short notice.

Glimpses of Us!