Wednesday, June 4, 2008

{pArAde of hOmEs}

I love the Parade of Homes. I go every year. Chris always wonders why I torture myself, but I just can't help it. Although, this is the first year I haven't come back home completely depressed. I'm guessing it's because I moved in between this year and last year's parade. Here are some of the highlights from today. (So I looked at my pics and there were too many great things so I limited myself to only 6! The sad thing is that some of my most favorite things I didn't even take a picture of - oh well...)






The stained glass in this transom is one of the many windows that my in-laws made for several of the homes. Their windows were the topic of most conversations that we walked in on when one of their windows were present. In this house they were trying to age the house, to make it feel like you were walking into a home from 100 years ago, and their windows really helped in creating that effect!





4 comments:

Sam said...

AAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! it's all black! its so scary! jk!

Sam said...

or is it ahhhhhhhh!?!?!?

david@gommstudios.com said...

We visted home number 11 on the tour yesterday. It's in Highland, just two houses from the Jewkes home we have more transom windows in.

It's really got some great features. We especially liked that they had a front and rear door to their entertainment room and the kids play area in the basement has the low level entry you expect and then there's a regular sized door, so the cleaning woman who runs the vaccume doesn't have to be a hobbit to get inside.

And I pointed out the tv screen hung over the Spa tub.

david@gommstudios.com said...

We got in a few more houses on the tour last night, we've just barely seen 1/2 of them and tonight we're going on a different home tour (historic Provo Homes) so Saturday is the last day of the parade and we have so many to visit!

The home with the wrought iron lamps (in the first photo) had a nice enclosed terrace.

We saw a nice, modest home that we liked, so we asked what they wanted for it. $750,000! No, thanks, it was so "ordinary."

Glimpses of Us!