Saturday, May 17, 2008

{bOys R gOne}

My boys are all out camping - Fathers & Sons. Landon has been looking forward to this for ... well since he found out about it. I'm sure they have had a great time and are sleeping now, unlike me!

Here is another throw it all in there post.

The Jazz are out of the playoffs. They lost to the Lakers tonight (108-105). Boo!
Our softball team is on a two game losing streak. We lost our game tonight (13-15). Boo! Boo! This was another sad game. I don't know what it is. It sure didn't help that I played terrible tonight. I still didn't strike out, but I couldn't make any plays at 3rd. I know I must sound like a poor sport, but from the very beginning this team was extremely rude. Their pitcher was ok, he was standing by me coaching his team at 3rd base and he was nice enough. The ump was horrible. He would make calls and then reverse them. He would call outs when they weren't, this was for both teams. At the end the ump ejected Jason from the next game we play. The last play of the game was a horrible call.

The good news is my sister is in town and she played for us tonight. Her friend came and played for Chris, since he was camping with the boys. He had an awesome slide that cut him up pretty bad.

We girls went to Arctic Circle after the game (10:30 p.m.) Annie's friends showed up also. They turned the lights out on us at 11:00 sharp. We were in the parking lot chatting for a bit and then Annie's friends were leaving and got into their vehicle. One friend just happened to get into the vehicle parked right next to the one his buddies got in. I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time. The timing couldn't of been better. Two girls left after we did. The driver unlocked the car as she was coming out of Arctic Circle. In the dark the two vehicles looked very similar. So the driver gets in and the next thing you know so does Annie's friend. The other girl is just standing there at the end of the vehicle just looking at the guy. We laughed for a very long time.


Some other things that I thought I'd mention. We got to babysit Ty this week and Big-Boy-sit Cooper! Babies are so much fun. It's amazing how you can sit there and stare at them for hours. Thanks Jason and Mel for letting us watch them.


Ally had her R.A.D. Kid graduation. I love the R.A.D. Kid program. If your kids schools ever question doing it I would definitely say yes. It's a program that teaches kids how to be safe. At the graduation they get to put some of their stranger skills into action. Things they can do to avoid being kidnapped. It was great! They teach many other safety things also. Ally now has to comment on what the speed limit is everywhere and has to try and see that I am not going over it. No wonder she was ok with the new law that says she has to be in a booster seat until she is 8 years old. She's extremely safety conscious.

Lastly, I love the internet. What a great blessing and tool it is. I was thinking about how amazing it is this week. Word can spread quite quickly over the internet. Last week I received 3 different stories from family and friends. The funny thing is I received all three of these stories twice each time from different people. These people live all over the United States. I love that we can have such instant communication and have the ability to pass it on. Thanks for your stories and words of inspiration.

2 comments:

david@gommstudios.com said...

Ahhh ..the power of suggestion, now I want to go to Artice Circle.

Sam said...

I <3 Arctic Circle!!!!

Glimpses of Us!