Monday, May 12, 2008

{craZy wEEkend}

(This is a picture of my brother holding his cell phone, that has my sister on the other end, up to the phone, that has the speaker on, that has my missionary brother on the other end)


Friday night we had our first loss in softball. It was terrible!!! Our game was early so I was sad to be missing Keyan's last soccer game of the year. I stayed until the last second and showed up to our game with only a few minutes to spare. It was windy which I don't like, even with sunglasses on you get sand in your eyes! The score was 5-7. At least it wasn't a blowout. For some reason we just couldn't pull it off. Afterwards we went to the customary Artic Circle.

Saturday was interesting. I spent the whole day (7:a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) at the Republican Party State Convention. It was my first time. I thought it was crazy. You would not believe the drama that can go on at one of these things!!! I enjoyed it though.

Sunday - Mother's Day. My kids brought me breakfast in bed and showered me with lots of presents (books, movies, games, earrings, flowers, etc.) They made me lots of cards and even posted some sweet notes on our family blog. It was very nice. I love being a mom, even through all the heartaches, headaches, worry and frustrations! There is nothing like it. I think the hardest part is that time seems to be going by so fast (it's funny how that happens the older you get). My baby will be baptized this year. Sam will shortly be a 7th grader and Keyan will turn 17 years old. It's really unbelievable. I really enjoyed sacrament meeting. 3 women were asked to speak on different women in the scriptures (Queen Esther, Ruth and Naomi, and Martha and Mary - focusing on the lesson Martha learned). They really did a great job. In R.S. they feed us cinnamon rolls and juice and the bishop talked about spiritual gifts and oddly enough his message specific to the ladies in our ward was overcoming doubt, guilt and depression. Strange Mother's Day message don't you think?

In the afternoon, we got to watch the Jazz play the Lakers in Game 4 of the Playoffs. Yahoo! The Jazz pulled off another win, now they are tied 2-2. Game 5 will be back to L.A. on Wednesday. Go Jazz!

The Jazz game ended up going into overtime, which made us a little late getting to my parents for Bryan's call. Missionaries get to call home on Mother's Day and Bryan wanted to make sure we were all there. My mom was talking to him when we got there. My dad talked to him next, then they put it on speaker phone. Big mistake! If you have a missionary that calls home just pass the phone around and let everyone talk to him/her themselves. It was nice to hear from him anyways.

Next we wondered over to Chris' parents house to say Happy Mother's Day to his mom. We stayed and chatted awhile.

After the kids went to bed Chris and I watched Juno, one of my mother's day presents. I was so glad we hadn't watched it with the kids. It's definitely not for them, but I did like it. I wished when I was that age that I had a better sense of who I was and what I wanted!!!

Overall it was a fun, crazy weekend and I didn't get any chore gifts for Mother's Day so that is always a plus (no, Chris will never live down the fact that I got a lawn mower one year for Mother's Day). Although he said that he thought about getting me new pans (which I do want), but decided against it because of the lawn mower stunt!

2 comments:

Mel said...

I totally agree that we should have just passed the phone around!!! No one could even say anything personal to him and there was so much yelling. Oh well, at least we got to hear from him. See you later tonight.

Sam said...

Ally's baptism might be on my 13th birthday!

Glimpses of Us!