Friday, May 30, 2008

{miXeD feeLinGs}

I just spent the morning at my kids elementary school. They had an end of year assembly. Sammy and the ballroom team had a performance at the beginning and end so we stayed for the whole thing. Sammy got a certificate and gift card for having perfect attendance. They changed up the "kiss a pig" concept and 2 teachers were drawn to "kiss the snake" (8 ft. boa). You should of seen how nervous a lot of teachers got. Some even got up and tried to walk out of the room!!!

My mix feelings come from several things all regarding school. After 12 continuous years of having 1 or more of my kids at this great school we will be leaving it to go to the new one. I really love this school. The teachers are great, their programs are fantastic and I can't believe I've spent so much of my time there helping in different classrooms and with various activities.

This was Sam's graduating year, she is growing up way too fast.

So much for bringing Keyan back to that school. Now all of Sam's girlfriends have crushes on him. They are making silly faces at him and having Sam take their yearbooks over to him to sign.

I'm somewhat apprehensive to going to the new school. I hope that they have a lot of the great programs I am use to. I know that in the first year or so there will be lots of bumps in the road I hope that we can clear them without to much difficulty!

I think one of the biggest things that has got me feeling some anxiety is - I am very happy to be done with homework, but now my kids will be home all day for the next 3 months. YIKES!!!

Happy Summer to You!!!

2 comments:

david@gommstudios.com said...

Oh the joys of summer! We find we have to get things done early in the day before that certain someone starts to get bored and wants your attention!

Mel said...

I tagged you. Go to my blog and copy the questions about your hubby.

Glimpses of Us!