Wednesday, May 7, 2008

{christy and the terrible, horrible, no good, very BAD day}

Yesterday was one of those days! I didn't feel very well. I took Sam to dance, then I took Ally and Landon to Keyan's soccer game. We got stopped by a train, then got caught in construction. We got on I15 and Ally threw up. We got off and stopped at the 7-11 off Orem's Center Street exit, to inspect the throw up mess. Luckily Ally found a bag! :) So I was getting gas in my car. Then a guy, at the pump across from me says, "Excuse me, did you know that your tire is flat?" WHAT - No, of course I didn't know. It wasn't flat when I pulled up. In the time it took me to get gas my tire went completely flat. I was glad I had sunglasses on, because I just started crying. The guy was so nice. He stayed and helped (well pretty much did it all) change the tire. He even plugged it up so all I would have to do is fill it up. He told me not to do it there because their air pump would take forever. What a blessing it was that he noticed my flat tire and then changed it for me. At this point there is not much time we are going to be at Keyan's game. I was going to have to leave to go back and get Sam. We go to Keyan's game anyway. The side that has the soccer field is under construction so we drive all the way around and tried to pull into the front side and it happens to be a one car road and there are other cars coming out so we drive back down to the main parking lot, which seemed like a mile away from where we needed to be. We actually got to watch about 20 minutes of Keyan's game. Then we left to get Sam, which I forgot that you can't drive very fast when you have the spare tire on your car. So it took us twice...three times as long to get Sam. Then I run the kids in the house and head off to one of my political meetings where I got sit among people who were very strongly opinionated about the craziest of things!!! At least I could come home and watch the Deadliest Catch!!!

I am so thankful that the Lord is mindful of me. I am blessed to have children that I need to run all over town for. I am blessed to have a vehicle of my own. I am blessed that my tire didn't get a flat on the highway. I am blessed to have healthy children who can play in sports. I am so blessed that Ally could find a barf bag! I am blessed to live in America where people are allowed to freely voice their opinions. So even though I had a down-right rotten day I can still be happy that the Lord is always there to watch over me, bless me, and love me!!!

1 comment:

david@gommstudios.com said...

Jeanne and I listen to "The Science Of Getting Rich" at least once a week (used to be every day so we're slacking off). We like it because it describes attitudes and philosophies that we want to incorporate in our lives.

He says that if you show gratitude, the Universe and the Heavens reward you for that gratitude. So it sounds like you're ready to be rewarded!

Glimpses of Us!