Wednesday, March 26, 2008

{eXhaUsTion has SeT in}

I can't believe how worn out I am from yesterday. As I mentioned in my last post I had to run our caucus meeting. So my morning started with driving around so Sam could put up a few signs to remind people of the caucus. I spent the lunch period at Provo High registering students, who will be 18 years old, before November 4th, to vote. Then I had my normal chauffeur duties (Sam to dance, Keyan to soccer, etc.) We went to watch part of Keyan's soccer game, then I was off to my meeting. We had about 40 people at our caucus. Not everyone there voted, but it was fun to have them anyway. It went well. I ran against another guy for precinct chair. I won!!! My first ever elected position (I was serving as vice chair, but I was appointed after the position had been vacated). We had elections for 9 positions: chair, vice chair, secretary, 4 county delegates & 2 state delegates. Since I was elected as the chair I also get to serve as a county and state delegate. Chris was nominated (not by me) as a county delegate and won. It was crazy. Our meeting lasted 2 hours. We kind of discussed some of the issues, but it was always in regard to how those that were running felt about them or how they voted for them in the past. The big issues seem to be school vouchers and immigration. It will be fun to be apart of this election process. An hour after the meeting was done I was able to leave. Then Chris and I went around and took down our signs. It was exciting and fun. I hope that others who attended liked it also. Their votes definitely made a huge difference. Mark Johnston from the Daily Herald came to our meeting and took pictures. His photo and article were published in today's paper (I heard it was on the front page).

1 comment:

david@gommstudios.com said...

As we came back from the home fair today, I saw that the "caucas tonight" that someone put up in our neighborhood is still up.

I'm glad you guys are so involved!

Glimpses of Us!