Monday, March 10, 2008

{The WORST Birthday EVER!}


Poor Sammy! Her 12th birthday was in the beginning of January. Unfortunately, I was not recovered enough from my surgery to have a birthday party with her friends. However, we did have a family party so it wasn't a complete loss. Now instead of having a bunch of friends over, we decided in a few weeks that we would take a couple of her friends out to lunch. A few weeks pass and there is no mention of a friend outing. We are now 2 months past her birthday and still nothing, not to mention that she has been waiting for years to get her ears pierced. We decided that 12 years old was a good age to let our daughters get their ears pierced, if they so choose. Now I'm feeling really, really guilty. At this rate her next birthday will come and go before anything is done for this one. Finally, on Saturday I took her to get her ears pierced and we decided to use the money that would of gone to take her and her friends to lunch and help buy her an ipod nano. I think she is in heaven!!!
Does that make up for the worst birthday ever?

4 comments:

Lynette in Delaware said...

Christy,

I loved reading your blog!
It seems like this is the best way to keep up with family.
I am Chris's long lost Aunt in Delaware.
I am so glad that we have this tool to keep friends and family up to date. I hope you visit my blog. It is fairly new but I have resolved to keep it going.
Love
Aunt Lynette

Mel said...

I think the ipod and piercing the ears did make up for it. I think those are both really great presents!

david@gommstudios.com said...

Well, I know Sam really liked the book "Wicked." So if you still feel any more guilt, The author, Gregory Maguire, has also written, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, maybe just a trip to the library would be great!

Sam said...

it did make up for a b-day party mom! i love my ipod! i bring it to dance and every one is always so jealous! and i cant wait to change my earrings!!!

Glimpses of Us!