Friday, March 28, 2008

{fly A kite}







Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height
Let's go fly a kite
And send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite!

I couldn't resist when I saw the kites at the store. I love to go kite flying. The wind, freedom, and courage! How high do you dare fly your kite?


So I bought a few cheapie kites for my kids. Last week, when Annie was here, we went outside to help Ally fly her kite. Our street is perfect for it. It's a cul-de-sac, so they can run in circles if they choose and no one has trees yet so the only thing to watch out for is one street light.

Ally was great, she never could catch on to the fact that you can stop running if the kite is high enough and catches the wind!

Slowly, one by one, the neighbors started coming over (parents and kids). I had to leave to take Sam to dance, but when I came back even more neighbors were there and Anne was flying the kite with a trail of kids following behind.

It reminded me of why we are going to love living on our street. Everyone is so friendly, there are a ton of kids and they can safely fly kites in the street!!!

2 comments:

david@gommstudios.com said...

Charlie Brown would be so jealous!

Mel said...

Your neighborhood is so fun. I love that the kids have other kids to play with. Cooper loves it too...We need to find a day before this kid comes out that I can come down with Cooper so he can play with the cousins!

Glimpses of Us!