Saturday, March 15, 2008

{Kids saY the Darnest ThinGs!}

My neighbor, Jared (3 years old) tells me, "I don't like yellow fruit snacks, they look like pee!"


I cut a pear into slices, that look like apple slices. Jared eats one (thinking it's an apple) and with a sour look on his face says, "why is it at my house I like these, but at your house (his face scrunches up more), I don't?"


My neighbor, Hayden (5 years old) is at my house and at first I don't recognize him. Then I say to him, "Hayden your hair is all gone!" He looks at me funny and puts his hand to his head and says, "I still have a little bit." His haircut is great!


A girl on the soccer team I coach is very concerned about someone on the other team tripping her on purpose. What if the ref doesn't see it and the other player says it's an accident when it's really not an accident. Finally I said there are lots of parents who will be watching the game and they will let the ref know if they are really wrong. Another girl chimes in, "Yeah, parents don't lie." Then the same girl with the concern starts in, "unless they are in divorce!"


Sam says to Landon, "You're a nut!"
Landon says, "Oh yeah, you're a nerd!"
Sam says, "Oh yeah, Ally's a ..." Before she can finish -
Landon interrupts with, "Oh yeah, mom's a sucker!"
"Oh wait, wait, I never said that!"

No comments:

Glimpses of Us!