Saturday, July 5, 2008

{pRoVo pArAdE}

What's the 4th of July without waving to all the "pretty ladies"?

In previous years I did not run in the Freedom Run. Instead I would sleep out on the parade route and save a spot for my family and neighbors. It's fun! You don't get much sleep. This year I was running so I wasn't going to be able to save a spot, but my neighbors were planning to sleepout this year so they were going to take Ally during the race. However, this year they wouldn't let people sleep out on Center Street, so my neighbors just had to show up early in the morning. We were able to find them and drop off Ally also.

One year we had a parade guide that listed all of the towns royalty that was to be on the floats. So every time a city float would go by we would cheer for the girls by name. You can imagine the kisses that were blown to the adult men (married, mind you). The people around us thought it was strange that we knew everyone! So now that we don't have their names we just call them the pretty ladies and my neighbor just calls out random names to see if we can get a response. I know we're silly, but it offers some entertainment!

AllyHere's the whole lot of us (notice how no one is looking at me!), except Melinda who went away with Ty so the noise wouldn't be so loud for him (that's her under the umbrella).

Our neighbor, Jay, drives this car every year. It always throws the people off who are riding in it that we are cheering for the driver!


1 comment:

david@gommstudios.com said...

Good to hear you had so much fun. This year, I got my dream celebration..breakfast at home and no parades or fireworks. That's my idea of a good time!

Glimpses of Us!